As you probably know by the title of the blog, my name is Cyrus. I enjoy wrestling, running fast for short periods of time, taking advanced classes, and playing the occasional video game. Most people would expect someone to wrestle because of their argumentative nature, but I am often reluctant to pick a fight or argue. I wrestle because I am extremely competitive, and this competitiveness also drove me to take classes at FGCU instead of at my high school.
For the times when I do argue, I would attribute it to my stubborness. I think I’m almost as stubborn as I am competitive. The extent of my stubborness can be seen in my attitude towards cold weather.
I used to live in Massachusetts, and this past week the area where I used to live received a little under two feet of snow. I remember riding my bike to school once the sidewalks were somewhat shoveled, and being able to see my breath on a regular basis. When I moved here, I vowed not to ‘adjust to the Florida weather’ or ever pretend that the winters in Florida were cold. I did this in part because a friend said he would laugh at me if he saw me up north again, because I wouldn't be able to handle the cold. Since then I have refused to wear a hoodie or jacket, or agree with someone saying that it’s cold outside. I still think that 40 or 50 degrees is perfect for running because it won’t be too hot or humid to breathe, and the cool temperature is like a breeze that is always there. Although I wore a hoodie while I was up north last year, that’s completely different. It was snowing and I was throwing snow at him with my bare hands while he was running away, so who's laughing now?
I would like to think I’m stubborn like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno , but that I’m always right (especially the part at 3:00).
I also moved here from a cold climate, the mountains of North Carolina, and I get made fun every time I visit because I can not tolerate snow after 7 years living in Florida! I also enjoyed the video and how you used it to tell everyone alittle about your personality! :)
ReplyDelete